Thursday, March 12, 2009

"She Loves Everybody" - Chester French


Several months ago a friend of mine was continually raving about this band on her gchat status messages. I checked out some of their tracks, and liked what I heard -- but seeing as how they hadn't released a full album yet my excitement was tempered. Fast forward some time and I read that these guys are going to be touring with Lady Gaga, thus renewing my interest. Chester French follows in the footsteps of Vampire Weekend as the latest "it" band with Ivy League roots. So impressed with their demo, both Kanye West and Pharrell Williams launched into a bidding war to sign the band --- with Williams' Star Track label eventually being the winner. Expect their debut album to be released later this Spring.
Chester French - She Loves Everybody - EP

2 comments:

  1. I'm really digging this one. Kudos, you won the band a new fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! how come you never told me you had a music blog, jon???? and how come you never told me you reviewed CF? thanks for the subtle props though :) now go buy their album!

    ReplyDelete