Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Rats" - U.S. Royalty


Last week a friend of mine was watching this band perform at the Black Cat, and was so impressed by their performance texted during their set just to alert me of their awesomeness. As this endorsement came from a very reliable source I felt I owed it to her to check them out as soon as it was humanly possible. The band at the center of all this acclaim? None other than Washington D.C.'s very own 'U.S. Royalty.' I'll confess that despite considering myself a pretty big music fan, I can't say I'm all that in touch with the local music scene. However, U.S. Royalty certainly rocks in the vein of Cold War Kids, and if this track is any indication, could be poised for bigger things. Not sure when their album is dropping, so in the meantime keep your eyes peeled for their next performance at one of our local venues.

No comments:

Post a Comment