Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Sleepyhead" - Passion Pit


Generally I'm not a huge fan of most straight up electronica acts because I insist my music has lyricis. However, I've never had any problems with bands that can combine great electronic-driven instrumentals with even a semblance of a verse-chorus-verse structure. Passion Pit comes to us from Cambridge, MA, and released their first full length album, Manners, this past May. This is without a doubt the standout track off of the album, and I found myself listening to it over and over again this weekend while traveling through the Deep South. Combining what sounds like Chinese opera, hand claps, and a pulsating back beat -- the song is all over the radar, but great nevertheless.

1 comment:

  1. Paul Shirley is also a huge fan of Passion Pit, but he prefers "Little Secrets" and "Swimming in the Flood"

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/news/story?id4359490

    ReplyDelete