Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"You're a Cad" - The Bird and the Bee


First off, let me quickly apologize for my hiatus from updating the site the past couple weeks. A west coast vacation combined with an emergency work-related trip to the magic kingdom prevented me from getting a post in last week. Fear not, for the time off gave me a chance to discover a little band by the name of The Bird and The Bee. This Los Angeles based duo plays the sort of breezy, jazzy pop that wouldn't be out of place in a Miami lounge circa 1971. Back in January they released their second full length album with the retro future title of "Ray Guns are not Just the Future." I listened to the album quite a bit while logging some serious hours in an uninspiring conference room over the weekend, and I kept coming back to this song. It might be the up tempo dixieland inspired melody, or I just like the notion of calling someone a 'cad'.

The Bird and the Bee - Ray Guns Are Not Just the Future

No comments:

Post a Comment